arcpro 3d spatial license manager

09-12-2018 08:24 AM
SofiaBerg
New Contributor

Fairly new to esri products but have a very small deployment with mixture of named user and network license manager installations. We use ArcMap and recently added Arcpro.

We just purchased the 3D Analyst extension for ArcGIS Desktop and I've provisioned a license for ArcMap and attached it to our network license manager and that's working well. I can see a workstation consume the 3d Analyst license whenever a user enables that feature in ArcMap and the features become available once enabled in the interface.

I just can't figure out how to get that working for ArcPro!

When I start an ArcPro instance that's configured to use the network license manager it doesn't consume the 3D Analyst license. And the features in the ArcPro application that are supposed to be enabled by 3D Analyst stay greyed out/disabled.

Info I've read here seems to suggest there is just once license that will enable 3D Analyst in both ArcMap and ArcPro.

I thought maybe it could be a second type of license I have to add to license manager to supply 3D Analyst specifically to ArcPro but my license portal shows no more authorisations available.

I'm using the latest license manager software on Windows.

Can anyone tell me what I am missing or have wrong in my setup please?

thanks

Aaron.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

3D Analyst toolbox licensing—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

as you can see some functionality just requires a higher license level than basic, but the full suite of tools requires 3D.

If in doubt... try something in the toolbox

An overview of the 3D Analyst toolbox—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

The arctoolbox in arcmap and ArcGIS pro should be familiar space

0 Kudos
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

Aaron,

When you purchase a core desktop license and extension license, you get an equivalent level licenses for ArcGIS Pro.  However, you get a named user license instead of the Concurrent Use license.  In your case, supposed you bought an advance core and a 3D Analyst extension license.  You also received one Advanced and one 3D Analyst extension license for ArcGIS Pro but a named user license because this is the default licensing option for ArcGIS Pro.  You can go to MyEsri to convert them to Concurrent Use if you choose to do so.  You mentioned Pro was able to connect to your license manager and start up.  It is possible you converted the core advance named user license to a concurrent use license and authorized it on the license manager.  If you go to the Availability folder on the ArcGIS License Administrator, you will see ArcGIS Advanced (Desktop license) and ArcGIS Pro Advanced (Pro license).  You likely did not convert and/or authorize the 3D Analyst extension license.  Again 3D Analyst (Desktop license) 3D Analyst Pro (Pro license).  If you prefer to use the concurrent use licensing option for both ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Pro, you must convert the named user licenses to concurrent use and then authorize it on the license manager.  Otherwise you can use the named user licensing option to log into Pro.  Refer to the following documentation for additional information concerning the different licensing option for ArcGIS Pro:

ArcGIS Desktop licensing—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

SofiaBerg
New Contributor

thank you

There was a Pro 3D Analyst license hiding under named licenses like you said.

I was able to convert this into the network license I wanted and all is working now.

cheers

Aaron.

0 Kudos