Can I open multiple forms at the same time using Survey123 for ArcGIS application

08-20-2018 01:17 PM
RyanDeBruyn1
New Contributor III

Using a desktop (Windows 10) with Survey123 for ArcGIS application, the client has a need to enter data on one form, while leaving it open waiting for additional information,  they may need to start a new (different) form.

It seems like I can't open multiple instances of Survey123 app on the computer or this is not supported.

I thought it may be possibly to use the web browser versions, but there seems to be issues (missing PullData()file) with web form preventing this from working.

Is this supported?

Thank you,

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ryan,

As you note, only one instance of Survey123 is allowed at a time.  You can save the work in progress of a form by saving it to the Drafts folder - click on the 'X' icon at top, and select 'Save this survey in Drafts' - this will let the user switch to a different form.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It depends on how you attempt to accomplish this. There is one way to have multiple surveys open at one time, but I am not a hundred percent sure on the behaviors and whether the surveys would function correctly. We utilize one survey to open another survey to pass (copy and paste) attributes through the use of a custom url/hyperlink. This is to cut down on transcription errors from the field crews entering the data more then once.

I posed a question that turned into a discussion detailing the process of creating a custom hyperlink Not your standard "Note" question; email link that can be used in conjunction with the https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2016/07/30/understanding-survey123s-custom-url-sche...  posting that Ismael had posted.

I have had three different survey forms open at one time using this method, but there is no data entry occurring' except for the passing of data through the url, while they are all open.

Mike

0 Kudos