AnsweredAssumed Answered

Strategy for updating attributes in On Line?

Question asked by Map_Sync on Aug 18, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 20, 2018 by rscheitlin

I have a map on ArcGIS On Line, with a popup displaying news items.  They must periodically be freshened from a Googlesheet that I maintain.  So far, I've been doing the updating by completely rebuilding and configuring a duplicate of my feature layer based on a fresh CSV version of the Googlesheet I use to track the news.  I post under a pseudonym so I can admit to that level of incompetence.   I spend a bunch of time doing boring stuff and risk screwing something up each time.

But what is the smart way?  I can only find sledgehammer solutions or weak ones:

- setting up my own ARC server where I can set up some sort of dynamic link,

- learning Python and programming it to work with Arc Map to alter the feature layer service at the press of a button,

- manually searching the attribute table and copying and pasting updates into the right rows, one by one,

- manually making a duplicate of my feature layer, but with a new CSV file, cleaning out the old feature layer, and appending features from the new duplicate layer into the now empty (but properly configured) original layer. 

Many thank to anyone who can save me with a smarter approach!  

Outcomes