logging in on multiple devices causing issues?

07-31-2018 03:46 PM
ChrisRoberts2
Occasional Contributor III

We have been getting some occasional issues with staff getting 'Unable to check permission on resource hosted' errors when trying to submit surveys.  This can be resolved by restarting the associated service.

I think I have tracked this down to the fact that they are alternating between  using an iphone and Ipad to submit surveys.  Therefore I think the service is retaining some sort of lock?  However there is nothing in the services log to indicate this. Just wondering if I am on the right track here, and if this is a known issue?  

I reduced the maximum instances to 1, but this doesnt seem to have resolved anything.

Cheers

Chris 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi.  Survey123 uses stateless REST API calls against ArcGIS feature services. Absolutely no locks, or issues due to submitting from different devices, are expected.  If anything, this could be triggered from the fact that you have limited the number of maximum service instances to 1. You may want to bump it up to 2 and see if the problem is resolved.  In any event, this looks like an issue in ArcGIS Enterprise. You may get speedy help from the https://community.esri.com/community/gis/enterprise-gis/arcgis-enterprise GeoNet Group.

0 Kudos