Local edits failing to synchronize with AGOL (Status code 499)

07-27-2018 02:32 PM
GrantHaynes
Occasional Contributor

Hi Everyone, 

I have a lot of projects on ArcGIS Online (AGOL), I've had years of success with making a local copy, editing it, and pushing it back up to AGOL. However recently I've been getting a message about 50% of time when I go to re-sync the edits "The local edits were not synchronized to the server. Authentication token required. (status code 499). Needless to say this is very frustrating and copies of the data are left un-synced. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Grant,

I'd suggest getting in touch with technical support to research this issue in more depth. A few high level troubleshooting ideas/questions

1. Do you stay logged in to your ArcGIS Online account during the editing workflow?

2. Do you run into similar issues with ArcGIS Pro?

3. Are you able to manually synchronize your data through the REST API if the synchronization fails through ArcMap?

4. Does this happen to any other users in your organization or is this isolated to your machine?

Thanks,

Kelly 

0 Kudos
GrantHaynes
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Kelly, to answer your questions

1. Yes I stay logged in during the entire edit session. One troubleshooting method I tried was to log out of online and back in during the edit session, that was unsuccessful.

2. This is with Arcmap 10.5.2.

3. I have only a vague idea what the REST API is, so I haven't tried any troubleshooting involving that.

4. This is a problem on my machine, I've thought that for a while, but I'm not sure where to start troubleshooting.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have you tried doing a repair on your install? I would suggest creating a support case for this. If you need assistance getting one created please let me know.

0 Kudos