AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problems with Qml Portal Login Authentication

Question asked by larson_devnetinc on Jul 27, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 27, 2018 by larson_devnetinc

Hello all,

I want to prompt the user to log in with their ArcGIS Online account when my app starts up. I get their login information and load the Portal, which causes an authenitcationChallenge signal to be called by an AuthenticationManager. So, I connect to the signal and pass it the username and password, and it works fine if they enter the correct information. The problem is when they enter in invalid login information, it fails to load the Portal, and when the user puts in the correct login information, I do a retryLoad() on the Portal, and it fails because the authenticationChallenge doesn't get called. Also, it gives me the error that too many invalid logins have been attempted, but I am sure the issue is that I am not sble to pass the Portal the correct username and password because the authenticationChellenge doesn't ever come up after the first load of the Portal.

Does anyone know how I could get the authenticationChallenge to come back after the first Portal load attempt? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Keith

Outcomes