Background image not showing up in sketch. Problem with default column?

Jump to solution
07-26-2018 01:40 PM
Chris_Anderson
Occasional Contributor II

I have a survey where users have the ability to sketch on top of a default photo. But, after the newest release, this option does not work. Prior to the version 3 release, users would click on the pencil icon to engage sketch mode. Now, the pencil icon is gone, and at the bottom is the name of the background image. If I click on the name, hoping to start sketching, it changes to a text box (nothing happens when I change the name). Same thing happens with the annotate appearance option. This happens on the S123 app on iPhone and Android, as well as the desktop app on a Windows 7 machine. Yes, the background image is in the media directory under My Surveys/<survey name>.

If I recreate the sketch in another, new survey, the same happens as my published survey. But, if I do not use a default image, the sketch works with the draw appearance (it is blank, but it works. ) If I use the annotate appearance, I can click on the pencil at the bottom, open up the .PNG I use as my default background image, and everything works fine.

So, it looks like there could be an issue with S123 reading a default image for the draw and annotate appearances.

Is anyone else running into this issue?

Chris Anderson

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your post, we have identified with issue as a bug introduced in the 3.0 release, and will be working to fix it as soon as possible. I have added your comments and feedback to the issue and will keep you updated when we are ready to release the update to fix it.

Phil.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your post, we have identified with issue as a bug introduced in the 3.0 release, and will be working to fix it as soon as possible. I have added your comments and feedback to the issue and will keep you updated when we are ready to release the update to fix it.

Phil.

0 Kudos
Chris_Anderson
Occasional Contributor II

Philip,

Just checking in to see if ESRI has a solution to the sketch problem. My team members are hoping a solution will be available for a training session in Feb. with permit holders from around Florida and/or the beginning of sampling season in mid-March.

Chris Anderson

0 Kudos
ThomasPerriment1
New Contributor III

Hi Chris,

I've been experiencing the same. Phil, glad to know that it's been picked up and the team are working on a fix.

Thomas