AnsweredAssumed Answered

Calling a Widget/Service from Another Widget

Question asked by craigp22 on Jul 24, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 1, 2018 by rscheitlin

Hello all,

I have been looking through the communication between widgets post from above but haven't been able to successfully accomplish what I am working on.  What I am trying to accomplish is the following: 

I have a geoprocessing service that I am using in a geoprocessing widget which concatenates several address fields (i.e. house number, street pre dir, street name, etc..) into one full address field.  I also have a custom "Reporting" widget which uses this full address field (as well as others) and creates a PDF.  Currently my workflow consists of the user having to first run the geoprocessing widget (there are no user inputs in this widget so I added the "this._onExecuteClick():" syntax to auto-execute when the user clicks on the widget) and then have to run the Reporting widget.  What I am trying to accomplish is not having the user to first click on the geoprocessing widget and have syntax in the Reporting widget where it would first call and run the geoprocessing service prior to running the Reporting widget.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I am using the Tab Theme in WAB Dev 2.6

Thanks,

Craig

Outcomes