Getting Started with ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
07-20-2018 08:09 AM
Labels (2)
deleted-user-Jhc6Dca2JfQr
New Contributor III
+

Step 5: Set the elevation surface for the 3D view

lesson states "In the Map Properties dialog box, in the left pane, click Elevation Surface."

But there is no "Elevation Surface" to click- see below

Please tell where I went wrong- I have backed up a few steps to make sure that I have been following the steps correctly- 

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoanneParkinson
Esri Contributor

Hi Paul,
It looks like you are working with ArcGIS Pro 2.2. Getting Started with ArcGIS Pro was written to work with ArcGIS Pro 1.4, 2.0, and 2.1. The ArcGIS Pro 2.2 course version is currently in development and should be available from the Esri Training site on July 24.

The Elevation Surface properties have been removed from the Map Properties dialog box in ArcGIS Pro 2.2. To complete step 5, do the following:

• In the Contents pane, under Elevation Surfaces, right-click WorldElevation3D/Terrain3D and choose remove.
• Right-click Ground, and then choose Add Elevation Source.
• Browse to ..\EsriTraining\ProStart\NorthridgeData\Database\Northridge.gdb.
• Click Open.
• Click Elevation, and then click OK.

• In the Contents pane, under Elevation Surfaces, click Ground.
• On the Appearance contextual tab, in the Surface group, check the Navigate Underground box.
• Save your project.

Joanne

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JoanneParkinson
Esri Contributor

Hi Paul,
It looks like you are working with ArcGIS Pro 2.2. Getting Started with ArcGIS Pro was written to work with ArcGIS Pro 1.4, 2.0, and 2.1. The ArcGIS Pro 2.2 course version is currently in development and should be available from the Esri Training site on July 24.

The Elevation Surface properties have been removed from the Map Properties dialog box in ArcGIS Pro 2.2. To complete step 5, do the following:

• In the Contents pane, under Elevation Surfaces, right-click WorldElevation3D/Terrain3D and choose remove.
• Right-click Ground, and then choose Add Elevation Source.
• Browse to ..\EsriTraining\ProStart\NorthridgeData\Database\Northridge.gdb.
• Click Open.
• Click Elevation, and then click OK.

• In the Contents pane, under Elevation Surfaces, click Ground.
• On the Appearance contextual tab, in the Surface group, check the Navigate Underground box.
• Save your project.

Joanne

JoanneParkinson
Esri Contributor

Getting Started with ArcGIS Pro is now available for ArcGIS Pro 2.2.
If you've already started the course, you can change the course version from your Learning Activity page:
• Click My Activity.
• Click Learning Activity from the menu.
• Locate Getting Started with ArcGIS Pro.
• Click Change Course Version.
• Select ArcGIS Pro 2.2.
• Click Resume Course.

deleted-user-Jhc6Dca2JfQr
New Contributor III

Thank You!!!

Warm Regards

Paul Birmingham

Engineering Office

GIS DEPARTMENT

Town Of Riverhead

Senior Engineering Aide