Exporting Unique Value data from shapefile polygons

07-18-2018 11:05 AM
DaveNuhn
New Contributor III

Hello,

I am working with ArcMap 10.3, and have run into an irritating issue concerning exporting data from zonal statistics.  We have been making agricultural analyses of differnt farms, and have been highlighting problematic areas in the fields with polygons.  We do NDVI analyses of these polygons and apply the unique values option under the symbology tab, and are then unable to export the unique values for the different polygons into a format readable by a program like Microsoft excel.  Is there a workaround anyone is aware of?  Ideally, we want to export the data values (see picture) relative to the different polygons into a spreadsheet for further analysis.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
2 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

So you mention that you do zonal statistics on the NDVI values per farm. Is that correct?

When you do zonal statistics (as table) it will yield a single value per farm per statistic type (which does not correspond to the screenshot that you included). From the description I understand that you want to get all the unique NDVI values (perhaps including the frequency) per farm and export these values to Excel, right?

When working with raster dataset that do not contain integer values the options of tools you can use reduce quite a lot. Depending on the precision you need, you could multiply the float raster with for instance 100 and convert to integer and then do something like perhaps even use Raster to Polygon—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop and then Tabulate Intersection—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop .

I wonder what analysis you would like to do in Excel that you don't want (or can't?) do in ArcGIS? Can you elaborate about what you will do with the data in Excel?

DaveNuhn
New Contributor III

So it turns out that I was over looking the simplest of solutions and by reading your post, the answer to my question was to just run a zonal statistics table. The brain, after many hours of looking at a computer screen, can play tricks on oneself lol. The screen shot was displaying two separate dates of the same shapefile (with multiple features). They are displayed as unique values so each feature had its own NDVI value. Thanks for the response, very much appreciated.