How to get Domain descriptions instead of Domain code to show in AGOL Web App builder table view

Jump to solution
07-16-2018 09:18 AM
deleted-user-RvrkOqzR6NTy
New Contributor II

If anyone can help me understand how to enable the Domain description and not the Domain code to be shown in a Web App built with the AGOL Web App builder, I would be most thankful.

I suspect that this has been asked before and I did search here with not much luck.

I have a File Geodatabase that I have uploaded to my AGOL account, and enabled as a Feature layer with Editing.

When you select records, however, the Attributes in the Table view and the Pop up window show the Domain Code and not the Domain description.

In the Domain here, you can see the Codes and Descriptions.

the value for Phase Designation on the 4 selected records -> 4 above should be showing as A

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Kind regards,

-greg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnGravois
Frequent Contributor

based on what i read in Domains in ArcGIS Online, in order to preserve domains in a feature service, you need to publish without uploading the file geodatabase.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
deleted-user-RvrkOqzR6NTy
New Contributor II

I double check that the Field indeed has the Domain applied in the File Geodatabase uploaded:

Check!

I then check the REST URL to see the individual Fields in the JSON link ...

In the JSON link, it shows there is NO Domain applied to the Phase Designation Field ????

How come???????

0 Kudos
JohnGravois
Frequent Contributor

based on what i read in Domains in ArcGIS Online, in order to preserve domains in a feature service, you need to publish without uploading the file geodatabase.