Solution Deployment Tool

07-16-2018 08:24 AM
BenBaker1
Occasional Contributor

How does your organization deal with the fact that the Solution Deployment Tool does not provide for previously published services (e.g. SiteAddresses, Parcels, etc.). This renders the Solution Deployment useless to our organization unless we want to maintain individual address layers for each app we deploy, which makes no sense. If the solutions hinge on the Local Government model, couldn't there be functionality to map to an existing server when deploying the solution?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ben,

The Solution Deployment Tool will create new feature layers if they haven't already been deployed using the tool. However, if you deploy a solution that for example uses the SiteAddresses layer today and then tomorrow you deploy another solution that uses the SiteAddresses layer it will not create another copy of the layer, it will reuse the one that was previously deployed. So you will not need to manage multiple version of the layer for each Solution. If you are seeing this please share the details of the Solutions that you deployed that resulted in multiple versions of the same layer as this would be a bug.

The tool doesn't find layers that were published outside of the deployment tool, so it is true if you published a SiteAddresses or Parcels layer separately the deployment tool will create a new version which will be used in future deployments of Solutions.

0 Kudos
BenBaker1
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the info, Chris. I had not attempted to deploy a second solution until I figured out the first one. The existing layers I was referring to were published prior to ArcGIS Pro. I would be interested if there is a solution for using such data as many of our apps already reference that layer (e.g. address points).

0 Kudos
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ben, we don't have a way to leverage these already published layers . It is something we are thinking about how we can better support. The issue is if you published the layers using the same schema provided in the LGIM than everything should work, but if they don't then the maps and apps would likely be broken.

0 Kudos