AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to visualize high volume grid data in web map application?

Question asked by sadekni on Jul 6, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 30, 2018 by KGerrow-esristaff

I'm trying to make a web map application with several heat maps from high volume grid data (over 60 000 cells), but it appears to be too heavy for the application and the rendering is really slow and with smaller scales (when all the cells should be visible) the application renders only part of the cells (picture).

I have tried converting the data to raster layers, but as I found out, raster layers aren't that easy to add to ArcGIS Online. I tried converting the rasters to KML, which almost worked, but for some reason the data was misplaced a bit (pic 2).

I also tried adding the raster layers as image service, which worked, but was quite credit costly. I'm not an expert with tile layers, but I think I could also create the tiles in my own computer and upload them to online after that (I looked into that, but the layer ended up being about 2 gb so I didn't upload it).

So what would be the best way to proceed with the data, is there a way to somehow enhance the performance with the grid (that would be the easiest way in terms of creating the maps)? Or is there a way to get the raster layer to the web map without using tiles (or a solution for the KML problem)?

Regards,

Niklas

Outcomes