Pasting into Text Box

06-21-2018 11:03 AM
Chris_Anderson
Occasional Contributor II

Is there any way to copy text from a non-S123 program/app and paste it into as S123 text box? I try using CTRL-V and right-click>Paste when in the text box, but no luck.

Chris Anderson

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ClaireProctor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Chris,

I can copy and paste without issue, so it looks like this might be a problem on your end. A few questions:

What field are you trying to paste it into? I've tested and it appears to work with the free-text fields I used, but there might be exceptions.

Are you pasting content into a field that accepts all the characters in the string? I tried pasting letters into an integer field, and nothing happened, so it can look like the pasting just failed.

Does copying and pasting between other, non-S123 apps work fine? It could be a quirk of your own setup, or (as I've had happen many times) your Ctrl-C 'didn't take' for whatever reason.

And I doubt it matters, but could I ask your operating system? I assume you're using some form of Windows, but I want to be sure.

Chris_Anderson
Occasional Contributor II

Claire,

I’m running Windows 7 and S123 v2.8.2.

We ‘re having problems copying and pasting from many non-S123 programs to S123. I’ve tried Word, an Outlook e-mail, PSPad, a Web page,…I’ve used Ctrl-C and the program’s “Copy” to place the selected text onto the Clipboard, then Ctrl-V and “Paste” inside S123 with no luck.

We’re pasting text into a simple, multiline text field. My only option is to check on my home PC to see if, by chance, this restriction is due to something quirky my agency’s IT department has is place for security reasons.

Chris

0 Kudos
ClaireProctor
Occasional Contributor

It looks like trying to copy text that's longer than the maximum size of the field causes the paste to look like it's doing nothing, too. You might want to check that (and make sure there isn't a space at the start or the end if you're really pushing the length, just to be sure).

If it's not that, then yes, it's probably something specific to your system.