Geoevent with multiple stream feeds

06-20-2018 12:59 PM
AmitGupta
New Contributor

Hi,

I'm working on two different feeds for the same object (flight)  and unable to find the correct processor or flow for the same.  my requirement is to publish all two in single stream service. all feeds holds different information about the flights event and all are asynchronies and input driven by their own inputs.  First feed gives me flight position, and second feed is about flight info. the catch is  first feed (position) stop sending the messages once the flight is in stand, but other feed is continuously sending the messages. it would be great help if you can suggest the best approach to achieve this. I thought of  using Field mapper (which can join two definitions) but problem is both are asynchronous and driven by their own inputs.

Thanks,

Kumar

0 Kudos
1 Reply
EricIronside
Esri Regular Contributor

If I understand correctly, you want both events to write to the same feature service? You can simply write out events with definitions that contain only the fields that are changing. In this case you would have 1 output that writes to your 'Flights' feature service. You would have 2 Geoevent definitions that contain a subset of fields from the output, matching whatever values are being updated by the 2 incoming event types. When an event is written to an output, fields that are not included in the event defnition are ignored (not updated/written). So assuming the two input events you have do not have overlapping fields (except for the flight identifier) then they will update different parts of a flight record (one will update the flight details, the other the flight location).

0 Kudos