AnsweredAssumed Answered

Missing External Cascading Select

Question asked by alan.coats on Jun 20, 2018
Latest reply on Jun 21, 2018 by smauri.at

I'm creating a Survey123 form that could be used to collect information about a slope, then calculate the Universal Soil Loss Equation (USLE). The only piece of the USLE equation that I haven't been able to work into my survey form is the K-factor. Since K-factor can vary greatly depending on where you are within my state, there are more than 22,000 options for a user to choose. However, by knowing the Component Name and a numerical "key", a user can narrow it down to 3-5 options. 

I'm trying to create an External Cascading Select that would allow the user to enter the Component Name and/or "key", and then be able to select from the 3-5 options that fit that filter. Ideally, that information would be passed from Collector. However, I can't get the selection to appear, as you can see in the screenshot below. I've looked around for an answer, and I found this report, but the user doesn't seem to have ultimately solved his problem:

External Cascading Select Not Working 

Is there a way to make this work? Am I overlooking something obvious? I have attached my XLSForm spreadsheet.

Thank you for your help.

-Alan Coats

Edited to add: I've tried inserting a "first-letter filter", messing with the cell formatting, re=installing Survey123 Connect, and a few other things. The final selection still does not appear. My first thought was that the table was too big, but I've seen instances of others working with even larger choice lists. 

Attachments

Outcomes