rjonesxyh

Is there a maximum size limit of Vector Tile Package when publishing a hosted Tile Layer?

Discussion created by rjonesxyh on Jun 13, 2018
Latest reply on Jun 20, 2018 by GTiwari-esristaff

I have generated a Vector Tile Package (.vtpk) which is slightly over 36Gb. I used the Share Package GP tool in Pro to upload it to Enterprise, and it uploaded successfully, which I verified by downloading the vtpk, and viewing it in Pro.

I then attempted to publish the VTP as a hosted Tile Layer by accessing its page in Enterprise, and clicking Publish. After an hour or two the process failed, reporting an error in the browser and the following in the logs, which seems to be related:

SEVERE     
The containing process for 'System/PublishingTools' job 'j3297956af3dd42ce9b0113fd010168ff' has crashed.
    2018-06-13T11:25:04     Server     DESKTOP-xxxxxxx         7553         17032     46     
SEVERE     
Processing request took longer than the usage timeout for service 'System/PublishingTools.GPServer'. Server request timed out. Check that the usage timeout is appropriately configured for such requests.
    2018-06-13T11:24:54     Server     DESKTOP-xxxxxxx         7549         17032     46

And so to my questions: firstly, is there a known limit on the maximum size of VTP that can be published as a hosted Tile Layer, or is this limit currently unknown?

Secondly, if my 36Gb vtpk is within the limit i.e. it should be possible to publish it, are there any settings I might be able to tweak to overcome the error? I have tried upping some values in the PublishingTools GP service, but any outside insight would be most appreciated.

Outcomes