Passing a URL from a Web Map

06-11-2018 02:04 PM
KyleWikstrom
Occasional Contributor II

Hi all,

My question is how can I pass the URL for a marker in a web map into another ArcGIS Online app.

Scenario: Using Information Lookup to show service locations (polygon). The user clicks a location on the map and views the concatenated popups from the service polygon layers. The popup also needs to include a hyperlink to a GeoForm for Service Request so that when the GeoForm opens the marker is placed on the appropriate location on the map.

How can I configure a this hyperlink using location information about the marker location?

Thanks all!

Kyle

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Kyle,

Are you trying to have an active hyperlink in a polygon popup from an ArcGIS Online web map that will redirect to a GeoForm based on the polygon that you click on? I guess I'm just trying to understand your workflow.

0 Kudos
KyleWikstrom
Occasional Contributor II

Yes. The users will click a location on the map and then see a popup. The desire is for the popup to include a hyperlink to a GeoForm and place the marker in the GeoForm based on the location the user clicked in the original map.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

I haven't used GeoForms but is there a way to make a link (just in general, not from a popup) do what you want it to do?

Is your GeoForm hosted in ArcGIS Online or is it from a server of yours (customized)?

0 Kudos