Suitability Study in Web App Functionalities

06-07-2018 10:49 AM
LisaJuru1
New Contributor II

Dear ArcGIS Users, 

I am an intern working for a company that is looking to expand their business. I created my suitability study using a model successfully and presented my findings using two web apps: Local perspective and  Basic View. 

They have asked to add additional functionality I have yet to come across in my studies. I have been trying to figure out ways to implement their requests but have had little luck. 

This is what they want the application (while launched, because they are not ArcGIS users) to do: 

1) Add and delete points by the user 

2) Have some sort of slider or input box that allows them to change a value (right now I have it showing 55% and greater, and they want to be able to control the percentage for themselves) 

My programming skills are very limited, but I am keen and would appreciate any advice on how I can approach this. 

Before I let them know of my limitations, I would like to have tried and exhausted all my resources. 

Thank you in advance

ArcGIS ProArcGIS IdeasArc GIS

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Lisa,

Take a look at Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS, an intuitive what-you-see-is-what-you-get (WYSIWYG) application that allows you to build 2D and 3D web apps without writing a single line of code. It includes powerful tools to configure fully featured HTML apps. As you add your map and tools, you can see them in the app, and use them right away.

FYI, there is a free Esri live training seminar happening on June 14, Build Your Own Web Apps

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos