ArcPro-Importing Feature classes in .GDB ?

06-08-2018 05:46 AM
KEVINHAZLEY1
New Contributor II

Hello. 

I have noticed that when i import a feature class into my projects gdb there is a delay before the imported feature class actually shows up in the gdb. It is not a short delay but more of a inconvenient delay and so my QUESTION is- Does anyone know why this is? or is there a way to somehow fix this? 

Any ideas would be great. Thanks! 

-Kevin

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

validation of data? time it takes to run the refresh code?

How long a delay is it? and where does your data come from? (ie locally stored? SDE? etc etc)

0 Kudos
KEVINHAZLEY1
New Contributor II

Its all locally stored data right out of my main gdb. which is already saved on my computer. 

Its not a serious issue but more of an irritating issue. I was just curious if there was something i could do to potentially speed the process up. 

I'd say it takes anywhere from 5 minutes and even 10 minutes sometimes. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

That is way too long.  If it has always been that way, then it would suggest machine related if you are the sole user.  If it has been progressive, perhaps a disk clean up and geodatabase cleanup might be in order

An overview of the File Geodatabase toolset—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop 

You should run your system monitor to see what memory is being used and what processes are using it.  The less you have open and running besides PRO also helps

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Is this a process you do on a schedule (daily, weekly)?  I ask because maybe you need a compaction of the file gdb to restore its performance (If it was ever faster than that to begin with).

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

After you import, if you click Refresh does the feature class still not show up?

0 Kudos