robert.haines.rpsgroup.com

Desktop Runtime Deployment - LocalServer start failed executable not found

Discussion created by robert.haines.rpsgroup.com on Jun 5, 2018
Latest reply on Jun 7, 2018 by robert.haines.rpsgroup.com

I'm looking to deploy our desktop application which includes a project that uses the .Net WPF controls.

Previously this used version 10.2.5 where we simply copied the appropriate files (arcgisruntime10.2.5 with subfolders client32, LocalServer32 and resource). However with the latest controls (100.2.1.0) it appears that we also need to install the SDK (noted in https://developers.arcgis.com/net/latest/wpf/guide/create-a-local-server-deployment.htm). Is this correct?

Our projects are written in Visual Basic and after building this project I cannot locate any deployment manifest file (ArcGISLocalServer.AGSDeployment as mentioned in the above link) in the project directory. I am aware that this is not added to the Visual Studio project and cannot find it on the file system either.

Just before I raised this I found the ArcGIS Runtime Local Server Deployment Builder 100.2 which I tried and now get the following exception when firing up the map "LocalServer start failed: executable not found.".

Note the project references the nuget packages rather than the SDK installed, not sure if this makes a difference?

Any advice appreciated.

Robert

Stack trace:

at Esri.ArcGISRuntime.LocalServices.LocalServerEnvironment.CheckInstallValid(Boolean throwEx)
   at Esri.ArcGISRuntime.LocalServices.LocalServerEnvironment.Initialize()
   at Esri.ArcGISRuntime.LocalServices.LocalServer..ctor()
   at Esri.ArcGISRuntime.LocalServices.LocalServer.get_Instance()
   at Esri.ArcGISRuntime.LocalServices.LocalService.<StartServiceInternal>d__25.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.GetResult()

Outcomes