AnsweredAssumed Answered

How do I connect to another widget from within my custom widget?

Question asked by rbrenner on May 30, 2018
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2018 by rbrenner

I am looking to call the Select Widget within my own custom widget. The idea is to use the select widget to get the selected area, then post that collected information and send it to my custom widget where it will be used to query my file server using ASP where it will then be populated into a dgrid in a panel. I do NOT want to have the Select widget added to my WAB and do not want the user to have access to this first and then have to click on my custom widget. I only want the user to click once, on my custom widget, in order to give the search results in a dgrid table based on their selection.

I have been told there is a way to call another widget, activate it as hidden, use it, and then populate my dgrid with the passed over information. There seems to be no documentation that I can find on how to do this in detail, let along an example of calling another widget to use its functionality. Does anyone have an idea on how to do this without building your own code or modifying the Select tool? I find the modification route starting to get very complicated and messy...

Looking forward to everyone's answers!

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

Outcomes