Deployed Windows Executable Does Not Run

05-29-2018 03:41 AM
MarekFlorianczyk
New Contributor III

Hi

This is similar to the problem described here:

https://community.esri.com/message/584596?

App compile and runs under QtCreator, does not run after windeploy.

I have read about msvcp140 and vcruntime140 (there is dozen of these files in different directories, different sizes)

I have copied these from installed samples, and also copied my binary to the sample folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS SDKs\Qt100.2.1\sdk\samples\ArcGISRuntimeSDKQt_QMLSamples\bin

In every case I cant run outside QtCreator, there is no error or anything.

I have prepared small example (same as earlier) with windeploy command.

I'm using Runtime integration with QML2_IMPORT_PATH set as environment variable.

Qt 5.10.1 MSVC2017 64Bit Windows 10

Some help would be appreciated.

Best Regards

Marek

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Marek- I downloaded your example and noticed that there were debug binaries but not any release binaries. The sample viewer ships as release, so that might be why if you copy the exe into the sample viewer why it does not work.

0 Kudos
MarekFlorianczyk
New Contributor III

Hi Lucas

Thanks, for answer. This indeed could be the problem.

Anyway, I have my app running.

I have copied PATH and LIB environment variables from QtCreator project/run tab and pasted this into command line.
By trial and error I have figured out which libs are missing, some from Qt some from msvc.

I couldn't use dependencywalker as it shows some hundred of missing files mostly win-api-something but not the ones I needed like Qt5OpenGL.

Anyway it works. I have other question though, but I will ask them in separate thread.

Best,

Marek

0 Kudos