Does the Identify widget work on query results?

Jump to solution
05-25-2018 06:51 AM
FranklinAlexander
Occasional Contributor III

I am updating an old flex application to WAB 2.8 and in configuring the identify widget, I cannot get it to see the layer from the eSearch results. I am using 4 map service REST layers for the search, and I have 7 other REST service layers that are being used as base layers, and connected through the Local Layer widget. All of these layers are from the same map service. The identify widget can see all of the layers connected through the Local layer widget (visible in layer list), but cannot see the query results from any of the layers that are configured in the eSearch widget. I did check the box in the widget config to 'Add Result as Operational Layer' and the search results show up on the map as expected. I compared the config settings from the xml file of the older flex app to the new file and they are identical. Not sure what I am missing, but the identify widget in the old flexviewer app can see the results from the eSearch just fine. By the way, both apps, old and new, are using the exact same map service, so I am fairly certain the issue is not with the map service, but something to do with the eSearch widget config. Any ideas of what I might be missing? Thanks!

I almost forgot. When I do get results from one of the base layers, 'No Results Found' still shows at the top of the Results pane. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Franklin,

Hmm... I was not aware that you could identify eSearch results in Flex Viewer. It does not work in WAB for the reason I am surprised it worked in Flex. The Identify Widget use the IdentifyTask that expects the layer to exist in a map service that is part of the map. In WAB the layer is added to the map (when choosing add operational layer) as a FeatureLayer using a FeatureCollection (meaning is is just a client side layer based of graphics). Because of this the layer does not exist as far as the IdentifyTask is concerned. The way to make it work in WAB is to configure the map service layer that the eSearch uses as a layer to identify and make sure you do not choose Identify Layer Option: visible but change it to all.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Franklin,

Hmm... I was not aware that you could identify eSearch results in Flex Viewer. It does not work in WAB for the reason I am surprised it worked in Flex. The Identify Widget use the IdentifyTask that expects the layer to exist in a map service that is part of the map. In WAB the layer is added to the map (when choosing add operational layer) as a FeatureLayer using a FeatureCollection (meaning is is just a client side layer based of graphics). Because of this the layer does not exist as far as the IdentifyTask is concerned. The way to make it work in WAB is to configure the map service layer that the eSearch uses as a layer to identify and make sure you do not choose Identify Layer Option: visible but change it to all.

0 Kudos
FranklinAlexander
Occasional Contributor III

That's ok, I decided not to use it because it doesn't really provide any additional information that isn't already provided in the eSearch results. You are right, the identify widget does NOT work on the results in the older flex app. It looked like it was working because there were other layers underneath that were returning results!