AnsweredAssumed Answered

Python Toolbox - Feature Set Issue 10.2

Question asked by keagan83 on May 24, 2018
Latest reply on May 25, 2018 by keagan83

I have written a Python Toolbox for ArcMap, that allows a user to consume a Template Feature Layer to run through a series of processes.

The user defines an Area of Interest (AOI) in the Tool and then a bunch of Geoprocessing Tools run for this AOI.

I have tested the Tool in ArcMap 10.4 and 10.6 and it works as expected. I asked a user to run it in 10.2 and he produced a result.

I have however managed to get access to two Desktops running 10.2 and the AOI is not displayed correctly.

See the 10.4 image below:

enter image description here

Here is the same tool in 10.2

I have written a Python Toolbox for ArcMap, that allows a user to consume a Template Feature Layer to run through a series of processes.

The user defines an Area of Interest (AOI) in the Tool and then a bunch of Geoprocessing Tools run for this AOI.

I have tested the Tool in ArcMap 10.4 and 10.6 and it works as expected. I asked a user to run it in 10.2 and he produced a result.

I have however managed to get access to two Desktops running 10.2 and the AOI is not displayed correctly.

The Tool is meant to look like this:

When I open the tool in 10.2, in place of the "Tool:: Select your Area of Interest" there is a path to an "in_memory" workspace...of which I have none in my script at all:

Has the way in which the "GPFeatureRecordSetLayer" data type changed between ArcMap 10.2 and 10.4?

I think we should ignore the one time it worked on a 10.2 machine, as I was not there to witness the exact steps taken by the user, and the tool may have run correctly, without the AOI being created - it may have run using information already stored in the AOI Template file.

My code to create this tool is below:

**def getParameterInfo(self):        '''parameter definitions for GUI'''        params = None        param0 = arcpy.Parameter(        displayName = "AOI",        name = "Choose you Area of Interest",        datatype = "GPFeatureRecordSetLayer",        parameterType = "Required",        direction = "Input")         param0.value = r"C:\Data\AOI.lyr"         param1 = arcpy.Parameter(        displayName = "Project Name",        name = "Please provide a project for this search",        datatype = "GPString",        parameterType = "Required",        direction = "Input")         param1.value = "Input Text"         param2 = arcpy.Parameter(        displayName = "Project Identifier",        name = "Please provide an unique identifer for this search - Text Only",        datatype = "GPString",        parameterType = "Required",        direction = "Input")         param2.value = "Input Text"         params = [param0 , param1, param2]        return params**

Outcomes