My Python Window in ArcGIS Pro is not working

05-24-2018 10:48 AM
BinhLe2
New Contributor III

After upgrading to 2.0 or so, on my lap top. I noticed my Python window in ArcGIS Pro is not interactive. I can open it but it is a solid window, with no prompts. There is nothing to interact with...This is on my laptop, HP ZBook. I have no problems on my desktop.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem and found a fix? I did a fresh install of ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro. My video driver is up to date. 

Thanks for any help!

0 Kudos
12 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

I can't tell from your screenshot but do you not see the cursor at the bottom?

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

specs may have changed?

Did you try running the check on this page

http://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/get-started/arcgis-pro-system-requirements.htm

underneath the Supported Operating Systems header?

You might try a "Repair" from windows control panel, Add/Remove Programs

BinhLe2
New Contributor III

Dan,

Thanks for the suggestions.

-checked out the system reqs-all good. Just performed a repair, still no text box.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

so this isn't some 'Dark theme' issue is it?  (don't know if they even have that for PRO... and if so... why???)

which leaves resetting your application profile (normally an arcmap issue).

Also what do you mean by .... After upgrading to 2.0 or so ... 

What was the last version installed and how did you upgrade? (reinstall? update from within PRO?)

0 Kudos
BinhLe2
New Contributor III

No luck on the theme. I switched to light versions and nothing changed. i updated from 1.4-2.0 using the ArcGIS pro update feature. Since then, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the entire ArcGIS suite. I am currently running ArcMap 10.4.1 and ArcGIS Pro 2.1.3

JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Seeing everything you have tried already, it is probably worth opening a case with Esri Support.  The troubleshooting gets much more difficult from here to do via forums.

0 Kudos
ErickPoundFDNY
New Contributor II

I am having the same issue. Did you have any luck getting this fixed?

0 Kudos
AndrewOldham1
New Contributor

I'm having the same issue after installing it on a new machine. Anyone figure it out?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

The newest update ArcGIS Pro 2.2.1?

We are curious whether any of the python issues have been fixed with the minor patch

0 Kudos