Python 3 IDEs

05-22-2018 11:22 PM
OmerBen-Asher
New Contributor III

Hi,

Did anyone succeeded to use ArcPro Python with PyScripter?

I didn’t manage to get the interpret to use the python 3.6.2. I was able to run the file but not the interactive interpreter. Any other good IDEs for this that are not PyCharm?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I use Sublime Text 3 (which is more of an editor than an IDE), and find it very reckommendable.

Actually I haven't had any problems with it.

If you prefer the most out-of-the-box solution out there you should check out Anaconda. It makes working with libraries and modules a breeze.

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Why not PyCharm?  Licensing/money or you haven't been able to make it work?

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I like the way Spyder gives you warnings when you use a variable but haven't declared it yet.  I also like just running short blocks of code that you highlight.  Other IDEs probably have these sorts of functionalities, but I didn't have to think about installing it...

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I guess I should have added that Spyder comes with the Anaconda distribution that PRO uses, so it is available and can be installed directly from within PRO, on the Project page, Python link.

While you are there you might as well install Jupyter Notebook and IPython so you have 3 IDE's ready to roll for various purposes (one of my links shows this.)

0 Kudos