Oracle SDE Upgrade and Feature Datasets

Jump to solution
05-14-2018 07:17 AM
GeorgeKatsambas
Occasional Contributor III

I am reaching out as I came across some posts on geonet and even though I have contacted ESRI support I am hoping for help in some way. In SDE Oracle 11g I had a feature database with some editable feature classes  with attachments enabled, these also were published as map services and used in Collector App. However, when we upgraded to the new SDE  oracle database,12 g,  the feature classes were copied however the feature dataset was not. I need the feature dataset to be recreated as i have scripts using the feature dataset. If I try to create the feaure dataset with the original feature classes I will loose my existing attachments. Also in Collector the map services referencing the Feature Dataset are  there but no attachments or ability to load attachments is possible as the original feature dataset and attach/rel tables are no longer in the feature dataset, even though they are in the SDE FGB.  Is there any way to recreate the original feature dataset with the original feature classes and same attach/rel tables?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

If that is the case, then it sounds like something in the export/import did not work correctly. I have backed up/restore many Oracle geodatabases and the feature datasets are restored with no issues.

Where there any issues/errors during the export/import process?

Working with Esri Support, as you mentioned originally, may be the best course of action for this issue and it will more than likely require a very deep dive into the process and dump files.

--- George T.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
George_Thompson

How was the data copied over to the new Oracle 12c instance?

If ArcGIS Pro/Map was used, why did only the feature classes get copied over? What was the version of the ArcGIS client used to move the data?

--- George T.
0 Kudos
GeorgeKatsambas
Occasional Contributor III

It was all done through Oracle import/export no arcGIS Client

0 Kudos
George_Thompson

If that is the case, then it sounds like something in the export/import did not work correctly. I have backed up/restore many Oracle geodatabases and the feature datasets are restored with no issues.

Where there any issues/errors during the export/import process?

Working with Esri Support, as you mentioned originally, may be the best course of action for this issue and it will more than likely require a very deep dive into the process and dump files.

--- George T.