I'm wondering if I may have found a memory leak with ArcGIS Pro 2.1.2.
Yesterday, after working with a project in Pro all day long, Windows alerted me that I was low on disk space. I opened Resource Monitor and noticed that Pro was using over 20 GB of Commit memory, but only about 6 GB of Working Set memory. This was the second time this had happened to me. The huge virtual memory usage was causing my pagefile.sys to grow, eating into the last 30 GB or so of my SSD.
When I first loaded the project in Pro this morning, it used around 1 or 2 GB of memory (confirmed both in Windows' Resource Monitor and the ArcGIS Pro Diagnostic Monitor). When I left for lunch, it was at 6.6 GB, and when I got back an hour later it was at 8.2 GB after leaving it open with the screen locked. Some bloat, but no big deal. Sometime in the next two hours, while working on the layout of my project, it again ballooned to over 20 GB (again, both in Resource Monitor and Diagnostic Monitor) but with Resource Monitor only showing ~6 GB Working Set memory.
One map, one layout. Two layers active with ~50,000 features, DQ'd down to ~27,000 and ~7,000 each (and a copy or two of them for trying different symbology). One road layer with hundreds of thousands of features DQ'd down to ~18,000 features Several other simpler layers active. Several pictures inserted into the layout.
The data mostly live in file GDBs on network drives (in a Novell environment); these sometimes cause headaches that are solved by working on a local copy, but I've never had memory problems like this. The simpler data sets live in an SDE.
Core i5 7600K, 16GB RAM, 240 GB SSD
Windows 10 Pro Version 1709
ArcGIS Pro 2.1.2