I am having a problem with copying the AddData widget and importing as a custom widget into ArcGIS Portal 10.5.1
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a Web Application builder project Web Application Developer.
2. Add the "Add Data" widget to the project.
3. Save the project.
4. Download/Export the WAB Developer project.
5. Publish the project to a web server. (not the same server as the portal server)
6. In ArcGIS Portal, add the widget that was published in step 5 as a custom widget by referencing the manifest file in the Add Item -> Application -> Application Extension.
7. Create another Web Application builder project in ArcGIS portal.
8. Add the custom "Add Data" widget to the application.
9. Save the WAB project.
10. Try the custom Add Data widget. The error will occur.
Error happens because the widget cannot find the nls/strings file on the webserver hosting the custom widget. (see screen shot)
Is there a way to copy the Add Data Widget and deploy it as a custom widget? Is it supported? I have a need for a custom widget that is similar to the Add Data Widget and would like to use it as a starting point.