Related table with signature cannot work in Survey123

04-18-2018 09:34 AM
JingGao
New Contributor

I published a feature class with a related table to a feature service on ArcGIS Server. Both of them have attachment enabled. I then secured this feature service and registered it on ArcGIS Online. I then use the registered service to generate a Survey123 form. The form ID is set to the related table because I want to use this table to store signatures. I digitized some points in the web map. Then I opened the survey form, sighed the signature on the signature field and tried to send the survey. The form just hang there and saying "Getting Service Information...My Table Name...".

Why the data cannot go to the related table?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jing,

Submitting records with attachments should be supported via teh proxy (and works in a  test case I created).  Can you provide more details on the service?

0 Kudos
JingGao
New Contributor

Hi James,

Today I removed the two attachments tables from the mxd that I was using to publish the feature service and republished the feature services (with only a feature class and its related table on ArcMap). After that it seems to work now.

However, I do have another question for you. I don't quite understand what is a proxy. I secured the feature service and added it to the ArcGIS Online and saved credentials into it. Then I used the new service to generate the Survey. Does this process mean I am using a proxy? In the xlsform, the submission_url appears something like this: https://www.arcgis.com/sharing/rest/content/items/63085d08db8a443188fd66b46f0329c2.

Should I leave it like that or should I replace it with the url (is this url called proxy?) of the new service that was generated on ArcGIS online, something like: http://utility.arcgis.com/usrsvcs/servers/63085d08db8a443188fd66b46f0329c2/rest/services/AGO_Fire_Sm...

In this case for the related table, I found sometimes both of them will work but not sure which one I should use.

Thanks!!

Jing

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Jing,

The proxy component is the utility.arcgis.com - Survey123 sends the data to that URL, which then forwards it on to your ArcGIS Server's feature service.

The submission URL you are using is correct - that's the item ID of the item you created in ArcGIS Online.

As I mentioned, a few more details on the Feature Service might help diagnose the issue:

- What version of ArcGIS Server are you using?

- We've seen some issue with tables/layers with periods in their names (i.e. name.tablename) - is the feature service published with items named like that?

0 Kudos
JingGao
New Contributor

Hi James,

Did you mean the submission_url of "http://utility.arcgis.com/usrsvcs/servers/63085d08db8a443188fd66b46f0329c2/rest/services/AGO_Fire_Sm..." is correct?

We just migrate the ArcGIS Server in our develop environment to 10.5.1. 

I do not have the "." in the layer name in the ArcMap. But they are from SDE database so their source  featureclass names do have "." in, such as "testgdb.gisadmin.tablename".

Thanks!

Jing

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

On submission_url - the submission_url generated by Survey123 Connect, https://www.arcgis.com/sharing/rest/content/items/63085d08db8a443188fd66b46f0329c2, is correct

Form the Survey123 perspective, it is the names in ArcMap (which then are available at the FeatureService endpoint) that are relevant.  

Could I ask you to open a support ticket, as it sounds like this requires more detailed troubleshooting?

0 Kudos
JingGao
New Contributor

Thank you James !!

I actually solved this problem already. I only changed two things in the workflow:

(1) When I created the relationship, I selected "None(no messages propagated)" instead of "Both". 

(2) Before I have the featureclass, its attachment table, its related table and the attachment table of the related table on the ArcMap that was used to publish the feature service. I removed the two attachment tables from the ArcMap and republished the feature service. 

I am not sure which one makes Survey123 work for me though.

Thanks again!

Jing

0 Kudos