This attached customized.xml is created as the below workflow:
- Created a network dataset manually in Arcmap by using the converted streets, and newly generated turns data.
- Added all the attributes that the network dataset needs(for example, oneway, traversable, time, length etc. )
- Then exported a xml template(original.xml) from this network dataset using arcmap tool (ArcToolbox > Network Analyst Tools > Network Dataset > Create Network Dataset From Template).
- Customized the original.xml template in our c# code by adding new attributes based on how many counties of source data we converted.
(To be specific, if you checked the original.xml we looped through elements inside the <EdgeFeatureSources></EdgeFeatureSources>, and copy the element and insert to <EdgeFeatureSources>, and changed both <EdgeFeatureSource> name to our converted street feature class name. and we did the similar thing to the <NetworkAssignments></NetworkAssignments>)
I can create a network dataset with the customized.xml and built it successfully. But after add two stops along the street and click solve in Arcmap it always failed.
So my questions are:
- If the network dataset template support add attributes by edit the xml?
- If not , how do you suggest solve the need that we want customize network dataset attributes with arcpy base on how many counties of source data we converted .
- If so, what’s right way to edit the xml.