Select to view content in your preferred language

Cannot download any surveys in Survey123 Connect

04-08-2018 07:22 PM
AaronFalconer
Emerging Contributor

Cannot create new survey in Survey123 Connect. After I successfully sign into Survey123 Connect, I cannot download any of my created surveys. I also cannot create a new survey, as the 'Advanced' or 'Basic' templates do not download. Could you please help? Kind regards, Aaron

0 Kudos
7 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Aaron,

Can you please provide a little more information? What version of Survey123 Connect are you using, and on what OS? Were you previously able to download or create new surveys? 

Out of curiosity, do you have two different versions of Survey123 Connect installed at the same time, if so please uninstall both, then re-install only the latest released version 2.7.

Phil.

0 Kudos
AaronFalconer
Emerging Contributor

Hi Phil,

I’m using version 2.7.72 on Windows 10. I was previously able to download and create new surveys, on an old PC. I have recently upgraded to a new PC, on which the problem is occurring.

I can’t see more than one version of Survey123 Connect installed, only 2.7.72.

Kind regards.

Aaron

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are you an administrator of the machine? Was Survey123 installed to default location? Are you able to install other software?

Can you try uninstall and reinstall 2.7.72? Alternatively, can you install 2.6 Connect and see if that works?

Phil.

0 Kudos
AaronFalconer
Emerging Contributor

Hi Philip,

Good point – I’ve just checked and it hasn’t been installed in the default location. I’ll ask our IT team to install it into Program Files – it has been installed under my user profile. If this doesn’t resolve the issue, then I’ll be in touch.

Many thanks

Aaron

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Actually the default and correct location is: C:\Users\{username}\Applications\ArcGIS\Survey123ConnectforArcGIS\

Survey123 Connect will not run correctly if installed to C:\Program Files\

If you are not an administrator on this machine, or your IT policy has implemented some security or restrictions on your user profile folders, or you have limited user permissions, this could be the issue? And would explain why it works fine on your old machine, but not on your new machine.

Phil.

0 Kudos
AaronFalconer
Emerging Contributor

Hi Philip,

I have had our IT crew re-install Survey123 into the correct location (C:\Users\{username}\Applications\ArcGIS\Survey123ConnectforArcGIS\). However, I still have the same issue of not being able to download surveys. I now get the error message ‘Download error.’

Kind regards

Aaron

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Aaron,

Have you confirmed with IT if you are an admin on your machine, can you get them to test with an admin account running Connect and download surveys? Also did you confirm if any other policies are in place that would be different to your old machine that it worked fine on?

Do you have access Windows Logs, or alternatively to AppStudio so we can look at the console logs?

Phil.

0 Kudos