Submitting a survey with/for existing features

04-03-2018 11:59 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've read numerous posts on here and read through the help, and I'm either missing something or this is not feasible yet. My question is if I have a feature service with say 50 existing points, and I want an employee or two to utilize S123 to collect attribute data on existing features, is that possible?

I've spent a couple hours now playing with S123 and utilizing an existing feature service, and it works good for bringing in existing fields and domains to use on the Survey. But what I'm aiming for is once everything is setup and an employee fills out a survey form and it is submitted, the information they filled in will populate fields on an EXISTING feature. So far my tests have only created "new" features in the attribute table and they aren't actually tied to an existing point. When I check the map on the newly submitted form, the point shows up in the middle of the ocean, and is not tied to the feature I want.

So if I have a feature service of points (let's say Cities) and I have City Name and then a few fields with domains I want filled out. When I open the survey and fill out fields for say Chicago, the answers I selected in S123 show up in the attribute table of the feature service, but at the bottom of the table and aren't populating the empty fields of the existing point for Chicago.

I initially thought the point of using and existing feature service was that we could use S123 as an easy way for a field worker to basically update the attributes of existing points. I can't seem to get this workflow to do what I want.

Can S123 be used to update attribute data for existing features if the survey form is created using that feature service?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Nathan

All you need to do is enable the inbox on your survey. This will enable users to access and edit previously submitted survey data.

To do this you will need to go into the connect settings for your survey and republish it. For steps on this please see:  Prepare for editing existing survey data—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Cheers

John

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This only works within the App though, correct? And only on points? My workflow requires this functionality on a public survey in a browser, preferably on a polygon.

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Nathan

Yes that is correct. The web form does not support editing and Survey123 does not support lines or polygons. We have enhancement requests open to add this functionality to a future release.

I'll add your details to the requests.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos