AnsweredAssumed Answered

Portal, editor tracking, web tier, single sign on + IIS question

Question asked by ascullyCOT on Apr 2, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 3, 2018 by JQuinn-esristaff

We have an editing web app under construction that will allow Fire Dept. staff to quickly enter hydrant inspection results on a mobile device (VPN connection to our network since we're using Portal).

We have the actual feature service that will be edited published on a web-tier secured server and added to Portal as a feature layer ( I have found web tier is a better for editor tracking credentials to flow through - but if someone has tips on other options, I'm all ears).

The issue is that the web tier secured layer asks for credentials a second time (in addition to the users logging in to Portal which is expected and fine w/ users).  

I seem to recall one can change a setting in IIS that impacts this behavior - possibly disabling anonymous authentication?  

The net goal here is to have the web tier server read the Portal credentials the user signs in with to avoid 2 sign ins (both the Portal site and web tier server use AD).

I know for single sign-on we have modified settings in browsers on individual machines, but this would be prohibitive in this case

Thanks - 

Allen

Outcomes