Extension to utilize ECW in ArcGIS Runtime Local Server?

Jump to solution
03-21-2018 10:11 AM
KyleGruber
Occasional Contributor II

Geonet Community,

I'm trying to figure out how/what I need to read in ECW raster data utilizing the ArcGIS Local Runtime Server (assuming this is the only way currently to do so, no direct way in the runtime SDK itself).  The local raster server support page has what I believe is a dead link to Hexagon's website (http://links.esri.com/erdasExtensionForArcGIS ), or at least, I can't decipher where I would get the extension from the page it leads you to.  Any ideas on this?  Am I possibly incorrect or have outdated information on the local runtime server being needed to consume ECW data (this seemed to be confirmed at DevSummit, with plans to implement it into the core runtime capabilities around June-July).

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Currently the ECW format is only supported through the ArcGIS Runtime Local Server. Direct support in ArcGIS Runtime is on the roadmap for a future release, but unfortunately not in the June-July time frame you mentioned above.

Make sure you enable ECW support when creating the ArcGIS Runtime Local Server deployment via the `ArcGISLocalServer.AGSDeployment` file (created in the root folder of your project after referencing the LocalServices package and running a build):

e.g.

<Package name="Additional Data Formats" enabled="true">
 <ChildPackages>
 <!--Provides additional raster file data format support.-->
 <Package name="Raster" enabled="true">
 <ChildPackages>
 <!--Provides support for ECW format Raster.-->
 <Package name="ECW Rasters" enabled="true" />‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

Cheers

Mike

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MichaelBranscomb

Hi,

Currently the ECW format is only supported through the ArcGIS Runtime Local Server. Direct support in ArcGIS Runtime is on the roadmap for a future release, but unfortunately not in the June-July time frame you mentioned above.

Make sure you enable ECW support when creating the ArcGIS Runtime Local Server deployment via the `ArcGISLocalServer.AGSDeployment` file (created in the root folder of your project after referencing the LocalServices package and running a build):

e.g.

<Package name="Additional Data Formats" enabled="true">
 <ChildPackages>
 <!--Provides additional raster file data format support.-->
 <Package name="Raster" enabled="true">
 <ChildPackages>
 <!--Provides support for ECW format Raster.-->
 <Package name="ECW Rasters" enabled="true" />‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

Cheers

Mike

KyleGruber

Perfect, thank you.  I might be incorrectly remembering the answer Euan had for a question I asked about this regarding the timeline, but I really don't care as long as it's supported in some form or fashion.

0 Kudos
KyleGruber

One more question, just to verify.  Does the use of the local runtime server just to display these files bump the license requirement up to standard?

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb

Hi,

Any use of ArcGIS Runtime Local Server requires a Standard license. But use of local raster data also requires a Standard license. For more info see License your app—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET (WPF) | ArcGIS for Developers 

(Apologies for the formatting in the table - I've submitted an issue to address this)

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos