Legend formatting and crashing software (2.12 disappoints!)

03-14-2018 07:52 PM
JohanSolberg
New Contributor

I just updated to ArcGIS Pro 2.1.2, and I already regret it. The program keeps crashing more than before, like every 15 min or so, not awesome when working. 

I'm also surprised that they took away the possibility of easy scale up/down the layout legend. Am I missing something, or is this actually something they removed? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Johan... You will probably have to elaborate on what exactly you are doing (screen grabs would help of the user interface in know trouble areas)

I will flag KKramer-esristaff‌  in the interim

0 Kudos
JohanSolberg
New Contributor

Legend Scale

Just this morning before the update, I could just scale the legend (including the background) to my needs by dragging the sides, now it does not change anything.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Hmmmm legends, scalebar... layouts.  very recent, I will crosslink these posts for Kory

https://community.esri.com/thread/211281-arcgis-pro-layout-scale-bar

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Johan, what version was used to create the project?  It sounds like you had the project set up, had the layout designed, and then upgraded to 2.1.2, correct?  Do you have other similar projects where this has happened, or is it in one particular project?

What happens if you save the layout as a Layout File (pagx) and then Add and Open that layout file?  Does functionality come back?

As for the crashing, are there consistent steps that lead to the crash?  If you're able to give us some steps and send the .dmp file that is generated in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\ESRI\ErrorReports we could have the team take a look.

Thanks!

0 Kudos