Attribute Rule - Failed Validation

02-28-2018 09:20 AM
danbecker
Occasional Contributor III

Using ArcGIS Pro 2.1, prior to publishing a feature service to Portal/server 10.6, I added a simple constraint attribute rule that requires a field to be populated. Triggering event is Insert.

if (IsEmpty($feature.species)) {
  return false;
}
else{
  return true;
}

**the insert trigger makes online editing on a portal webmap impossible. You try to create a new feature and the validation fails prior to the attribute box being displayed so you can enter a value. Is this the expected behavior?

**in Collector online mode, your allowed to collect a feature, and the attribute box is displayed as should be. After you populated all the fields, I purposely skip the required field and try to Submit the feature. I get a popup saying a field is required, the options on the popup are: Cancel / Retry. Hitting Retry doesn't work, obivously because the attribute value is still missing. Hitting Cancel deletes the draft feature and all attributes your had previously entered. Is this the expected behavior? 

Too bad the Cancel option doesn't return you to the previously completed attribute popup where you can correct the required entries....

0 Kudos
0 Replies