Conditional Relevant Question

Jump to solution
02-24-2018 11:47 PM
ManeeshMassey
New Contributor II

Hi all. I'm relatively new to Survey123 Connect and would like to know if there is a way to create a conditional relevant question based upon which a note may appear in the note field based on selection from the drop down list? For example, I have a list of villages in the Select_one question and I want to show in a note field below that question the name of a staff working in that village. If a person selects a certain village from the drop down list, the person's name working in that village should appear in the note field. How may I achieve this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi, I think you will want to use a combination of thing here.

You can use something like this to hide a note when no selection has been made in a select_one:

string-length(${village})>0

Then you can use the pulldata() function in the calculation column to populate the note with a lookup.

pulldata("villagesCSV","staffname","village",${village})

To illustrate this, I am attaching to this response a couple of files so you can see how things work.

1. Import the Species.xlsx file into Survey123 Connect. Create New Survey/From File
  2. Copy the speciesCSV.csv file into the media folder of your survey's directory
  3. Select a bird species name from the list and a note will show its scientific name

Birds....Villages...the same thing...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi, I think you will want to use a combination of thing here.

You can use something like this to hide a note when no selection has been made in a select_one:

string-length(${village})>0

Then you can use the pulldata() function in the calculation column to populate the note with a lookup.

pulldata("villagesCSV","staffname","village",${village})

To illustrate this, I am attaching to this response a couple of files so you can see how things work.

1. Import the Species.xlsx file into Survey123 Connect. Create New Survey/From File
  2. Copy the speciesCSV.csv file into the media folder of your survey's directory
  3. Select a bird species name from the list and a note will show its scientific name

Birds....Villages...the same thing...

0 Kudos