ArcGIS Pro - Geoprocessing ("Tool Not Licensed")

Jump to solution
02-23-2018 10:12 AM
RutledgeNicholas
New Contributor III

ArcGISPro Training‌, I am completing the Get Started with ArcGIS Pro Tutorial and Web Course. I have come across two cases where the Geoprocessing tool needed for the tutorial or Web Course. When I select certain Geoprocessing tools I receive a message stating "Tool Not Licensed".

For the tutorial I want to run the "Raster Calculator" (Spatial Analyst Tools).

What licenses does ArcGIS Pro need to enable these Geoprocessing tools?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimOrmsby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Nicholas,

You need a license for the Spatial Analyst extension to complete this tutorial. If you are using ArcGIS Trial software, you will have a license for this extension (and others). In general, ArcGIS Pro product and extension licenses are assigned and managed through your ArcGIS Online organization. Contact your administrator to assign you a license, if one is available. If you aren't using an ArcGIS trial and if your organization doesn't have Spatial Analyst licenses, it will be a difficulty. 

See the ArcGIS Pro quick-start tutorials for a series of introductory ArcGIS Pro tutorials that don't require extension licenses.

Tim

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Scratch this... misread ArcGIS Pro

under the Customize, Extensions menu... do you see the Spatial Analyst extension?  

If so, check it on.

It will produce a toolbox in ArcToolbox... like all toolboxes, you only bring them out to use when needed

0 Kudos
RutledgeNicholas
New Contributor III

Thank you

0 Kudos
TimOrmsby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Nicholas,

You need a license for the Spatial Analyst extension to complete this tutorial. If you are using ArcGIS Trial software, you will have a license for this extension (and others). In general, ArcGIS Pro product and extension licenses are assigned and managed through your ArcGIS Online organization. Contact your administrator to assign you a license, if one is available. If you aren't using an ArcGIS trial and if your organization doesn't have Spatial Analyst licenses, it will be a difficulty. 

See the ArcGIS Pro quick-start tutorials for a series of introductory ArcGIS Pro tutorials that don't require extension licenses.

Tim

RutledgeNicholas
New Contributor III

Hi Tim,

I will check with my ArcGIS Online Organization administrator to see if we have the Spatial Analyst Licenses available.

Thank you for your response!

Nicholas

0 Kudos
TimOrmsby
Esri Regular Contributor

Esri Training also has in-depth, free web course called Getting Started with ArcGIS Pro (similar name but different tutorial).

0 Kudos
RutledgeNicholas
New Contributor III

I actually completed that Web Course yesterday. It had a Geoprocessing Tool that I did not have access to also however, with the Web Courses, they provide result Project Package files for cases like mine where you can't access a particular tool.

0 Kudos