Issue with hidden field type and bind::esriFieldType

Jump to solution
02-23-2018 10:25 AM
HaleyNelson
New Contributor II

I am creating a creel survey form and am currently having issues using the hidden field type and the bind:esriFieldType.

In my form, I have a repeat question about whether or not each interview was accepted, declined, or missed. I then have three integer fields within the repeat that contain if statements making each of these options a 1 if picked and a 0 if not picked.

If(${Interview}=’Accepted’,1,0)

If(${Interview}=’Declined’,1,0)

If(${Interview}=’Missed’,1,0)

I then have three more integer fields outside of the repeat that take the sum of the total accepted, total missed, and total declined interviews.

Sum(${AcceptedYN})

Sum(${DeclinedYN})

Sum(${MissedYN})

If i leave these six fields as integers, this works perfectly, but I am stuck seeing these fields in my form. I face issues when I try to hide these fields.

When I set the field type to hidden, and then set the bind:esriFieldType as esriFieldTypeInteger for these fields, it does not honor the esriFieldType. Instead, it treats the field as boolean. Instead of adding 1+1+0+1+0+1 and displaying 4, it displays 110101. 

I'm probably missing something simple. I've been staring at this too long!

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Haley,

In addition to the esrifieldtype, you also need to add a column called bind::type (this will be present starting in the 2.7 templates) and provide the value integer to the hidden questions.  Hidden questions by default hold text values.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Haley,

In addition to the esrifieldtype, you also need to add a column called bind::type (this will be present starting in the 2.7 templates) and provide the value integer to the hidden questions.  Hidden questions by default hold text values.

0 Kudos
HaleyNelson
New Contributor II

Thanks a million! 

0 Kudos
OussamaMerhi
New Contributor II

Hi.

So hidden questions by default hold text values. I have two hidden questions but I need them decimal and one question as date. I tried the following:

bind::esri:fieldType set it to esriFieldTypedecimal for decimal

bind::esri:fieldType set it to esriFieldTypedate for date

and also

bind::type set to decimal

bind::type set to date

When I exported it to excel I got for both "System.Byte[]"

Is there any solution?

0 Kudos