Batch Attribute editor in Edit Toolbar

Jump to solution
02-06-2018 05:37 AM
AbhinavSharma
New Contributor III

Hey guys, I was wondering if there is a way for me to have the batch attribute editor inside the edit toolbar. Or if I am able to replicate that functionality within the toolbar. Right now the Edit toolbar allows me to select a series of features and delete them but not edit a single attribute for all of them. 

I am using this tool bar Editor | API Reference | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 3.23

and am hoping for the toolbar to stay similar to this: 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

There is no exposed events to tie to, you would have to use your FeatureLayers selection complete event:

FeatureLayer | API Reference | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 3.23 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Abhinav,

No, I do not know of a way to combine them.

0 Kudos
AbhinavSharma
New Contributor III

Hi Robert, 

Do you know if there is anything the select tool fires off? If I can find the rows the the select tool has selected I could just make the attribute inspector go through all the rows the select tool has selected no? 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

There is no exposed events to tie to, you would have to use your FeatureLayers selection complete event:

FeatureLayer | API Reference | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 3.23 

AbhinavSharma
New Contributor III

Was able to use the selection complete and the getSelectedFeatures method from layers to loop through the attributes and edit the values and then use the applyEdits method from layers to get it working from the same toolbar.

Thanks!

0 Kudos