eSearch Widget Does Not Populate Drop-Down List

Jump to solution
02-02-2018 08:58 AM
PaulMcCord2
New Contributor III

Hello,

I'm having an issue with the eSearch widget (2.6.1) where the dropdown list fails to populate.

The layer that the search is based on is hosted on ArcGIS for Server. This layer has around 3,500 features. I've configured the update search layer properties as follows:

Update Search Layer dialogue box

And my expression selects Unique municipality names:

Search expression.

As you can see, the tool appears to be working, meaning that it is processing the unique municipality name values. However, the list never populates and it never appears to read any values since it remains at '0 of 3568.'

One thing that is worth mentioning is that I originally hosted this layer on ArcGIS Online rather than Arc Server. When it was on AGOL, I was able to get the list to populate, which causes me some concern that the issue is how the Search URL to Arc Server is being interpreted. Could this be the issue?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Paul,

No, 3500 is a bit large but would not be the issue. Are there any errors in your browsers web console?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Have you tried to remove the Search layer completely and then re-add it? It is likely that something in the fields has changed going from AGOL to your server.

PaulMcCord2
New Contributor III

It doesn't look like that was it since I'm still having the same problem after re-adding it.

Could it just be that there are too many features (ie, too many municipalities)? I just did a test where I clipped out 100 municipalities from the 3,500 and the eSearch widget worked just fine on this clip. It was able to populate the drop-down list with no problems. This still doesn't explain why the widget worked fine when the layer was hosted on AGOL. 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Paul,

No, 3500 is a bit large but would not be the issue. Are there any errors in your browsers web console?

PaulMcCord2
New Contributor III

That was it! There was a protection that I needed to disable. It populated immediately after being disabled. Thanks!