Is there a way to add the Filter widget to a story map tour?

Jump to solution
01-25-2018 03:26 PM
CaraMayo2
New Contributor III

I would like to add a filter widget to the story map tour that updates the contents in the tour dynamically. Is there a way to do this without downloading the source code? I currently don't have access to a local server to deploy a story map so I'm trying to think of other creative ways to achieve this goal. Perhaps there's some functionality to story maps that I haven't found yet!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

We'd recommend using the Story Map Shortlist app template to give people that experience. Shortlist is similar to Map Tour but you organize your places into different tabs, so people can view the different points just by switching tabs. 

Adding a filter into Map Tour UI would require you self-hosting and customizing the app, and it's not a customization I've seen so I don't have an example of it to share. 

Rupert

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Do you mean you'd like to add a control into the user interface so that people can choose which points get displayed, or do you want your Map Tour to automatically reflect changes made to a dataset, so that edits and additions to that dataset are reflected in the Map Tour?

Rupert

0 Kudos
CaraMayo2
New Contributor III

I want to add a control into the user interface so that people can choose which points get displayed.

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

We'd recommend using the Story Map Shortlist app template to give people that experience. Shortlist is similar to Map Tour but you organize your places into different tabs, so people can view the different points just by switching tabs. 

Adding a filter into Map Tour UI would require you self-hosting and customizing the app, and it's not a customization I've seen so I don't have an example of it to share. 

Rupert

0 Kudos
CaraMayo2
New Contributor III

Thanks!

0 Kudos