We are a public safety call center and have our agents capture data directly in GIS. We are currently using the Smart Editor in Web AppBuilder.
This works okay. But it presents a number of challenges.
- Editing the form logic in smart editor is cumbersome, especially for large forms.
- The interface is visually limited.
- The more sophisticated features from Survey 123 (calculations, etc) are not available.
- Having multiple users access the same feature at the same time causes read/write issues.
We are evaluating our options. A few questions.
- Are there plans to be able to edit existing data using the survey 123 web app? I know you can via the Survey 123 field app, but I can't embed that into our application. Plus it requires a manual refresh and the sorting / searching isn't particularly clean.
- Can you open a previous survey via a URL?
- Is there a plan to make form management consistent across the platforms? Survey 123, Collector, Smart Editor in Web AppBuiilder, Geo Forms, etc are all very different.
- Are there any other features coming down the road that improve the end user and administrator experience?