Creating Story Map Collections

Jump to solution
01-22-2018 07:25 AM
richardZeng1
New Contributor

We are creating a bunch of story maps. Before releasing these story maps, we are going to make a front page for them. I came across the ESRI story map collection like "Our Favorite Team-Produced Story Maps of 2017". It looks like a cascade template, but I'm not able to figure out how to make the list at the bottom like this:

Is it possible to make something like this? Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi. The Story Map collection is a custom app we created in order to showcase theme-based mini-galleries of stories. You can find the collections we have released so far here. These look like Cascades especially because they have a cover page, but they aren't created using Cascade. We'd like to eventually enable anyone to create a collection but this is just in the R+D phase currently, so the collections we have released are rather like prototypes. 

You can make galleries of items in ArcGIS and share them. This can give you a somewhat similar look and feel to what you have posted above. These can also be embedded. It all starts with a group in ArcGIS Online. Groups contain items, like web maps and web apps. You can create groups (requires ArcGIS Online subscription) or work with groups that other people have created, like this one I curate. You can share a group as a link or embed it in a website. You can also create a gallery from a group by sharing it using one of the Gallery apps (requires ArcGIS Online subscription). Click the Share button on a group to try it out.

Rupert

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi. The Story Map collection is a custom app we created in order to showcase theme-based mini-galleries of stories. You can find the collections we have released so far here. These look like Cascades especially because they have a cover page, but they aren't created using Cascade. We'd like to eventually enable anyone to create a collection but this is just in the R+D phase currently, so the collections we have released are rather like prototypes. 

You can make galleries of items in ArcGIS and share them. This can give you a somewhat similar look and feel to what you have posted above. These can also be embedded. It all starts with a group in ArcGIS Online. Groups contain items, like web maps and web apps. You can create groups (requires ArcGIS Online subscription) or work with groups that other people have created, like this one I curate. You can share a group as a link or embed it in a website. You can also create a gallery from a group by sharing it using one of the Gallery apps (requires ArcGIS Online subscription). Click the Share button on a group to try it out.

Rupert

0 Kudos
richardZeng1
New Contributor

Thank you Rupert! The group will work to some extent. Hope we can get the new template soon, it looks so great.

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

I should also mention that we have some examples of how people are presenting sets of Story Maps in our Gallery. This URL pulls up the Gallery filtered to show those examples: Gallery | Story Maps 

These examples are mostly web pages to which they've added links to story maps. Some are story maps with links to more story maps and some are ArcGIS Online gallery apps. 

Rupert

0 Kudos
AliceGrgicak-Mannion
New Contributor

The Maps and Apps Gallery is working well for me. Thank you so much!

0 Kudos