Custom Cascade Story Maps

Jump to solution
01-17-2018 09:34 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all,

I have several questions about the Cascade story map:

1)

I am trying to customize a cascade story maps.

I therefore downloaded the template on github and then added the appid to my index.html. It works great but isn't there a way for me to download the already built story map from AGOL (code compiler) and then customize the app.

2) Custimizations:

I have an overview map as one of my sections. Each of point on this overview map is a project. I made each project as a section. Is there a way for me to add a hyperlink to one of these popups in order to navigate sections through the overview map ?

Maybe add something like this app.data.sections[0].getBookmark() in the popup might work? Any idea?

Thanks,

Alex

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Alex -- glad you have gotten Cascade to work hosted locally. To address your questions:

1) The story content/configuration must be hosted in ArcGIS Online (or on an ArcGIS Enterprise portal). There's no way to download that and separate it from the ArcGIS system. That doesn't prevent you from customizing the app code though. Check out this article for more information on hosting and customizing story map apps. 

2) There's currently no way to link from a map to a different part of the story in the builder, but I'll check with our developers and get back to you with some ideas on how to do this via customization.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

2 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Alex -- glad you have gotten Cascade to work hosted locally. To address your questions:

1) The story content/configuration must be hosted in ArcGIS Online (or on an ArcGIS Enterprise portal). There's no way to download that and separate it from the ArcGIS system. That doesn't prevent you from customizing the app code though. Check out this article for more information on hosting and customizing story map apps. 

2) There's currently no way to link from a map to a different part of the story in the builder, but I'll check with our developers and get back to you with some ideas on how to do this via customization.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank for your help Owen!

0 Kudos