Select to view content in your preferred language

Is it possible to automate a StoryMap?

01-08-2018 09:12 AM
QJones
by
Emerging Contributor
I would like to create a story map for a future journey of mine.
But I will not have internet access for the majority of the trip.
What I'd like to do is link my map to my AIS/GPS (my provider has an API available), then when able add pictures and journal logs.
The later seems straightforward but I have found no resources on auto updating map data.
Is what I'm looking to do practical for a neophyte and if so how should I go about setting things up?
Thanks
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RupertEssinger
Esri Alum

Could you describe a bit more what you are looking to do? For example if you are making a Story Map Tour or Story Map Shortlist using photos, those apps will automatically read the geotags in those photos to locate them in your story map.

Rupert

0 Kudos
QJones
by
Emerging Contributor

Certainly, let's see if I can do better.
On a daily basis I would like to fetch coordinates from an AIS system (in xml, csv, json) and add it to a track of previously fetched positions.

Is this out of the scope of StoryMaps and I should be asking in the ArcGIS Online subsection? 

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Esri Alum

Hi, thanks for the update. It would be better to ask in ArcGIS Online subsection because you'd do that mapping in a web map. You could then use that web map in a story map, such as Story Map Journal. ArcGIS Online web maps have several options for adding points from files or feeds.

Rupert

0 Kudos