AnsweredAssumed Answered

GPServer Task failing with no error

Question asked by devonc1301 on Dec 19, 2017
Latest reply on Dec 27, 2017 by devonc1301

I have created a geoprocessing task on ArcServer 10.1 from a Python Script Tool's execution found in Geoprocessing>>Results Window>>Share As>>Geoprocessing Service. The tool takes two inputs, a JOBID (GUID) and a file path as the output location - both strings. After configuring the service I can access it via the ArcGIS REST Services Directory, if I go to [TASKNAME]>>Submit Job it takes me to a web form where I can provide the input and execute the task.

I'm actually going to just be using the URL of this page to provide the input via URL query string parameters in the long run, but either way the execution of the task from the web will result in the Job Messages:

esriJobMessageTypeInformative: Submitted.

esriJobMessageTypeInformative: Executing...

esriJobMessageTypeError: Failed

The tool executed successfully when run from the Script Tool's form locally, but when running the same exact tool/parameters from the web service it fails and I'm not getting a descriptive error. My suspicion is that the file path may not fit the URL encoding standard but I'm not sure how to fix that or if I should send a file path as input like this.

Outcomes