Error Code 1000

Jump to solution
11-28-2017 01:41 PM
KaraHarmet
New Contributor III

Hello, 

I receive a send error message that says "Arithmetic overflow error converting expression to data type nvarchar." What does this indicate and how do I solve it? Any help would be appreciated! Please see the image below.

Thanks,

Kara

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Kara,

in database terms, nvarchar is a text field; the error is occurring because something is getting converted from a number into text; these would include calculate and note questions as well, which default to text.  Scanning through your sheet, it looks like lines 525 and 526 potentially could be causing errors, as they involve a numerical calculation that is getting saved into a text field.  One thing to look at is if the calculation for either results in a number with (including the decimal place and negative sign) is larger than 10 characters (the length of the field).

In the spreadsheet you attached, while I don't see submission_url, the questions all have their type & length explicitly set - is this using an existing feature service?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Kara

To help us troubleshoot this issue, can you please share you survey and let me know the following:

- Is the issue happening with every submission, or just when certain values are entered?

- Was the service published through Connect or the web?

- Was the survey published against ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise (is so, what Portal version)?

- Was the survey published against an existing feature service?

Thanks

John

KaraHarmet
New Contributor III

Hi John,

I have updated the initial post to include my survey. To my knowledge, it is every submission I try. I have tried submitting the submission in my outbox with different values and I receive the same error message. It was published through Connect with ArcGIS Online. It had been published before in the same manner. 

Thanks,

Kara

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Kara,

in database terms, nvarchar is a text field; the error is occurring because something is getting converted from a number into text; these would include calculate and note questions as well, which default to text.  Scanning through your sheet, it looks like lines 525 and 526 potentially could be causing errors, as they involve a numerical calculation that is getting saved into a text field.  One thing to look at is if the calculation for either results in a number with (including the decimal place and negative sign) is larger than 10 characters (the length of the field).

In the spreadsheet you attached, while I don't see submission_url, the questions all have their type & length explicitly set - is this using an existing feature service?

KaraHarmet
New Contributor III

Hi James,

You were correct! I had looked at the field types and lengths but missed those lines. Thanks for all the help!

-Kara

0 Kudos